The Impact of Early Life Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk, M.D., and Judith Herman, M.D.
Judith Herman helps to identify shame in all of its forms and how it affects the one afflicted with it. With this complete picture of shame, mental health professionals can provide direction for their clients and show a positive life outlook.
Bessel van der Kolk gets to the heart of what clients suffering from trauma experience: a loss of joy in the here and now due to being unable to focus on it and instead continue to focus on the past trauma. He then goes on to show how you can help them to refocus their brains to once again be in the here and now and to experience joy once more.
1. Summarize the social role of shame.
2. Describe the analysis of shame: verbal, paralinguistic and visual cues.
Bessel A. van der Kolk
1. Describe how severe childhood abuse and or neglect influences borderline personality disorder.
2. Discuss human attachment as it relates to how human beings regulate their physical states.
3. List 3 predictors of adolescent dissociative symptoms.
Seminar on Audio CD (2 CDs)
Duration: 1 hr 27 min
How To Get CE Credit For This Course
This product does not include continuing education credits upon purchase. CE credit is available for purchase through CMI Education Institute for $9.99. For complete information on how to obtain CE credits and course content, please contact our friends at CMI at 800-844-8260 or click HERE. Please note that CMI Education Institute does not currently offer NBCC continuing education hours for these courses.